Engraving Anodized Aluminum Works

As an experiment I picked up some aluminum business cards. The Engravinator is working well on all but the silver. Speeds - lines 10mm/s. Fills 15mm/s

2 Likes

Ooo, very nice. Got a link?
And yeah, silver is not surprising - too reflective to that wavelength.
Curious if they are actually anodized or just painted - most I’ve found are really just painted.

Link. Malayan - 50 Pack Aluminum Business Card Blanks - Laser Engraver and CNC Engraving Color Options Available (Mixed Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P1DZGLH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cIAtEbPR5N7MC

1 Like

Those look incredible. I’ve never clicked “buy now” faster!

Just FYI - not to burst bubbles, but I’m 99% sure these are NOT actually anodized. I mean, they totally still look awesome and work but I have some confirmed anodized aluminum blanks here and the texture and feel is very different. Besides, I’ve never been able to actually touch anodized aluminum with a 2.5W UV laser - 5W kinda works.
Mostly just noting to the community to not always believe it when they say anodized - these are basically painted. Again, they still totally work and look cool.
Oh, also I think they are thin spring steel, not aluminum :laughing:
Again - they totally work - just the listing (and most listings for such things) are a total lie.

It feels like aluminum. It doesn’t return to shape as well as spring steel.

Ah, right you are. Fair point :slight_smile: