I always tell people I “know enough to be dangerous” about a variety of things, so I figure I’d start a topic for little things that I experienced during the Engravinator build in case it will help someone else to move past them faster.
- 3D printer calibration is essential - especially for the tolerances on the parts that have belt-holding teeth
- Make sure you print all the parts you’ll actually need, which is probably (note the “x” next to things that you need to print multiples of): Core Components, Controller Box, and Enclosure
- Long-handled hex key/allen wrench will save you some pain
- When pulling the belts to their respective cut marks make sure you orient the belt in the same way it will sit
- Read the instructions carefully, and you’ll save yourself some pain; especially take note of any “Note:” items as they’ll help ensure you don’t spend time undoing things you did to complete steps.
- The heatsinks go over the little micro-sized holes in the top of the steppers