Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
run-pixelweb, serial output, not stable for me
I wrote Adam, but felt I should post here as well.

Basically I'm having a lot of problems with pixelweb. It works fine with "visualizer" set as the output. But it always hangs after a minute or two when i set output to "serial(allpixel.)

I can it to work, I've been able to test the animations. But it ALWAYS locks up, usually in less than 60 seconds. Then I have to close the command window and start all over. CTRL-C does not exit, I have to close the CMD or end task.

The last run, I got this as the last message before it all seized up:
WARNING - animation - Frame-time of 33ms set, but took 50ms!
DEBUG - animation - Frame: 0ms / Update Max: 5ms
DEBUG - animation - Frame: 0ms / Update Max: 4ms
DEBUG - animation - Frame: 0ms / Update Max: 3ms
DEBUG - animation - Frame: 0ms / Update Max: 3ms
WARNING - animation - Frame-time of 33ms set, but took 42ms!
ERROR - serial_driver - There was an unknown error communicating with the device.
Exception in thread Thread-21:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "c:\python27\lib\threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner self.run()
 File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\bibliopixel\led.py", line 39, in run self._driver._update(self._data)
 File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\bibliopixel\drivers\driver_base.py", line 51, in _update self.update(data)
 File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\bibliopixel\drivers\serial_driver.py", line 327, in update DriverSerial._comError()
 File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\bibliopixel\drivers\serial_driver.py", line 165, in _comError raise IOError(error)
IOError: There was an unknown error communicating with the device.

As you can see it was working, then it just hung up. I get other errors at different times as well.

I can run the test scripts from the command line to my device all day long, I'm pretty sure the device works fine on its com port (com4).

EDIT:
Most common debug messages are the following, lasts  about 90 seconds, then locks up.

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py", line 313, in write
raise writeTimeoutError
SerialTimeoutException: Write timeout

-and-

SerialException: WriteFile failed (WindowsError(22, 'The device does not recognize the command.'))