Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PixelWeb issues?
Not sure this is the proper place for this but a forum search for 'pixelweb' turned up nothing?

Anyway, I've successfully run PixelWeb on my Raspi, but I can no longer get it to start. After 'run-pixelweb' the page loads but gets stuck at 'Loading Drivers...' 10%. There are no other related messages in the console.

I've un/re-installed, rebooted and everything else I can think of but still no bueno. Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob
Does it show any error messages in the console on the pi?
How are you connecting to the Pi? Wifi? Wired?
(12-10-2015, 10:42 PM)iamroot Wrote: Does it show any error messages in the console on the pi?
How are you connecting to the Pi? Wifi? Wired?

There are no other related messages in the console, error or otherwise.  Connecting to Raspi via wifi (from a Mac running Chrome if that should matter).

Thanks!
Try loading the UI on the Pi and launching the web browser. Then see if you can get to it locally... that will help rule out if it's just a network issue.

Also... in Chrome on the Mac, hit Cmd+Shift+J to show the JavaScript console and then reload the page... does the JS console show any errors?
(12-11-2015, 10:50 PM)Adam Wrote: Try loading the UI on the Pi and launching the web browser. Then see if you can get to it locally... that will help rule out if it's just a network issue.

Also... in Chrome on the Mac, hit Cmd+Shift+J to show the JavaScript console and then reload the page... does the JS console show any errors?

Well unfortunately, this Pi is running a minimal Raspian build without an X11 desktop installed... had I known!  At this point I can start Pixelweb just fine but when I go to the assigned address all I get is "no data received" on the mac chrome browser.  Disappointing in that it worked great initially.  I guess I'll have to rebuild my pi and start from scratch.
Sorry... not really anything else I can tell you. However, try running "sudo pip install pixelweb --upgrade" and then "sudo pip install cherrypy"
I *just* released 1.0b8 that adds experimental support for using the CherryPy server as a back-end. Maybe it will work.
Hey Adam,

No luck with the upgrade and Cherrypy. Oh well, running out of time for Xmas lights! I'm using Allpixel to run a strip of 228, WS2811 leds around the front eaves of my house in Raleigh NC. Nothing spectacular, but it looks great. Also, you should see a pull request for a new animation I created called "WhiteTwinkles". Sadly, I couldn't test it with PixelWeb, but I think it should work fine.

Great product with excellent software, endless amounts of fun programming blinky leds!

-Bob